Job Seeker Services
JobGateway® Website Tips
Why should you use PA CareerLink®?
PA CareerLink® Carbon County is your one-stop resource for career and employer information and a host of additional services. PA CareerLink® online services are available through the JobGateway® website www.jobgateway.pa.gov. All Career Services provided at the PA CareerLink® are available, at no cost, to anyone who is eligible to work in the United States. (Eligibility requirements must be met for some Training Services.)
Click photo to enlarge
Our Career Resource Center (CRC) has computers, internet access, printer, fax machine, newspapers, and a wide variety of other resources to assist in your job search. Our knowledgeable staff is always ready to assist you.
Some examples of PA CareerLink® Carbon County On-Site Services:
Some examples of PA CareerLink® Internet Services:
- Orientation to PA CareerLink® services and JobGateway® website
- Job listings and self-service or staff assisted job referrals
- Resume, job search and interviewing skills assistance
- Career and occupational information
- Occupational skills training information
- Tuition assistance information
- Information and access to GED programs
- Workshops related to job search, financial aid for training and other topics
- 100% job seeker controlled, fully customizable profile
- Ability to use the JobGateway® website 24/7 from any computer with internet access
- Online registration process
- Direct access to unlimited job openings throughout Pennsylvania
- Internet resume, cover letter and references forwarding to employers
- Specialized job opening matching
- Register for events and workshops
- Access to individual services and training information, labor market and training resources
- Links to many other social services and websites to help with your employment and training goals
PA CareerLink® Carbon County offers a number of workshops to assist you with your job search. We realize that sometimes a job opening may come up fast and you may not have time to visit our office for assistance with interviewing skills, resumes and applications. Some tip sheets are listed below to assist you when you need help fast. All documents are in Adobe (PDF) format unless otherwise noted.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to successfully view/print some information. The latest version can be downloaded free of charge by clicking on the 'Get Adobe Acrobat Reader' button.
Return to top of page
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities